Killing a session in windows

От Howard Cole
Тема Killing a session in windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've written about this problem before and thanks to Bill Bartlett and
Richard Huxton for previous replies, but the problem keeps coming up...

I'm running postgresql V8.2.5 (I think!) on W2K3 Server and occasionally
I want to rebuild a database. However I cannot drop the database because
there is some unclosed client attached.

Following Richard and Bills suggestions, I have tried
pg_cancel_backend(pid) but the process remains in pg_stat_activity and
the process still runs.

I then kill the process directly using taskill but again, the process
remains in pg_stat_activity and I cannot drop the database.

I eventually have to resort to restarting the postgres service, but this
is on a live system running several database so I do not want to have to
do this.

Any suggestions?

Ta

Howard
www.selestial.com

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Continual Postgres headaches...
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Improving the timing of a query