install problem

От Bill Taylor
Тема install problem
Дата
Re: install problem  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hey,

I am working on testing our windows version of software
which uses postgress on a machine with XP Pro and 512
meg of memory.

The very first time I installed, it was fine except for the
fact it was only listening on the localhost 127.0.0.1
and I need it listening on its ip address.

Since, I have not been able to re-install. I have tried thoroughly
cleaning machine and registry. The issue always comes back to
a 1920 error, do you have permissions in the event viewer
and always fails to start the service.

I even wiped away my test box for our product and
installed a fresh copy of windows on top of
my old version.

zip :-)

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? We have an end of the year
rush and we have a number of people world wide who would be using
this once we can actually test it.

Bill