Обсуждение: install problem

install problem

От
Bill Taylor
Дата:
Hey,

I am working on testing our windows version of software
which uses postgress on a machine with XP Pro and 512
meg of memory.

The very first time I installed, it was fine except for the
fact it was only listening on the localhost 127.0.0.1
and I need it listening on its ip address.

Since, I have not been able to re-install. I have tried thoroughly
cleaning machine and registry. The issue always comes back to
a 1920 error, do you have permissions in the event viewer
and always fails to start the service.

I even wiped away my test box for our product and
installed a fresh copy of windows on top of
my old version.

zip :-)

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? We have an end of the year
rush and we have a number of people world wide who would be using
this once we can actually test it.

Bill

Re: install problem

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Re: install problem

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Bill Taylor wrote:

> Since, I have not been able to re-install. I have tried thoroughly
> cleaning machine and registry. The issue always comes back to
> a 1920 error, do you have permissions in the event viewer
> and always fails to start the service.

Have you wiped out whatever user was responsible for starting the service?
That's both something that could cause your error and something that would
survive the re-intall regime you've tried so far.