Re: to realise the dark side of Microsoft SQL Server...?

От Geoffrey
Тема Re: to realise the dark side of Microsoft SQL Server...?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Johan van Zyl wrote:
> Please elaborate! (Many a true word spoken in jest<g>)
> "That is until I can convince my new employer to realise the dark side
> of Microsoft SQL Server."

It's the product of an evil company?  Let's see:

1. they are virtually a monopoly
2. they use their monopoly to tie folks to their product upgrade
merry-go-round.
3. They purchase companies to destroy competition.
4. They generate FUD rather then innovate.
5. The Novell agreement?
6. They coerce computer makers to not only preload their operating
system, but coerce them into promoting it.
7. the OOXML debacle?

The list continues, but I suspect you get my point.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

От: "Gurjeet Singh"
Сообщение: Re: Initdb problem - catch 22?
От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Deploy postgres - upgrade strategy