Re: Warm standby system - FATAL: the database system is starting up

От Artis Caune
Тема Re: Warm standby system - FATAL: the database system is starting up
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Glyn Astill wrote:
> FATAL:  the database system is starting up
> FATAL:  the database system is starting up
> FATAL:  the database system is starting up
>

> As far as I know theres nothing else trying to connect.

I think you are using FreeBSD, and default pg_ctl flags in rc.d contains
"-w" option, which wait for start/stop to complete. It check this by
connecting to postmaster.

change postgresql_flags in /etc/rc.conf to:
   postgresql_flags="-s -m fast"
or
   postgresql_flags="-s -m smart"

От: Marek Szczypek
Сообщение: Re: Change of the data directory on Ubuntu 7.04
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1