Re: installing uuid generators

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: installing uuid generators
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On 03/16/2010 03:20 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:
> On 15/03/10 23:58, Rob Sargent wrote:
>> Stop me if you've heard this one before :)
>>
>> Given that pg_config --libdir yields "/usr/lib64"
>> to where/what would you expect
>>
>>    "AS '$libdir/uuid-ossp', 'uuid_generate_v5'"
>>
>> to resolve?
>>
>> The loader script,
>> ~/tools/postgresql-8.4.2/contrib/uuid-ossp/uuid-ossp.sql,  generates
>> "tools/postgresql-8.4.2/contrib/uuid-ossp/uuid-ossp.sql:9: ERROR:  could
>> not access file "$libdir/uuid-ossp": No such file or directory"
>
> Could it be that $libdir doesn't contain uuid-ossp when the .sql script
> is being executed?
>
> It's also worth checking that the pg_config you are executing is the one
> associated with postgresql-8.4.2 - make sure your PATH is set
> appropriately. I'm not sure that it would give this error, but I keep
> making the mistake of setting my PATH with the three versions I have on
> my dev box.

Thanks for your suggestions.  You were exactly right.  I was pointed at
an 8.3 server in the hinterland, not my own.  Terribly sorry for the
noise. (Of course that fact was staring at me from the sql prompt, which
contains servername :/)

I'm still left worried about the correct procedure for getting uuid-oosp
installed properly on SUSE 11.  Does the server release's contrib
contain uuid-ossp?  I didn't see it on my desktop release.  (I don't
want to have to tell my mates to go through the issues I had building
the lib etc.)

Now I have to clean up after myself for having dropped links to that .so
everywhere!

Thanks again.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Rename Index - Deadlock
От: Tony Cebzanov
Сообщение: Avoiding cycles in a directed graph