Re: connecting to postgresql using SSL without a certificate

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: connecting to postgresql using SSL without a certificate
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 15/06/2010 08:25, Julius Tuskenis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to ask if the sertificate at  ...\Application Data\postgresql
> directory is necessary to make a secure connection to the server? I was
> a bit surprised when after deleting the certificate and key files from
> ...\Application Data\postgresql I was still capable of connecting to the
> server witch has hostssl entry for my computer address. The pgAdmin
> shows "Encryption SSL encripted " in server properties. What am I
> missing here?...

I think the certificate you deleted is a client one, which the server
uses to identify you if it's configured to do so..... A "normal" SSL
connection, on the other hand, is where you (the client) request the
*server's* cert as part of the connection procedure.

I hope that make sense....

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

От: Julius Tuskenis
Сообщение: connecting to postgresql using SSL without a certificate
От: Julius Tuskenis
Сообщение: Re: connecting to postgresql using SSL without a certificate