Re: advice on how to store variable attributes

От Linos
Тема Re: advice on how to store variable attributes
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
El 22/10/11 18:10, David Johnston escribió:

> SELECT ...
> FROM vendor_invoices
> JOIN ( SELECT ... FROM eav WHERE category = '' ) icm USING ( invoice_id )
>
> Add a sub-query join for each desired category.
>
> I agree HStore looks cleaner for the query example you give.  One apparent advantage is that since each record
containsa single value you can use additional columns to store properties (e.g. Units) whereas the hstore makes that
moredifficult - though not impossible - since the keys are bot naturally related to each other.

> From an output perspective hstore looks good.  If there are no difficulties on the data input process you might as
welljust go with it.  Given your volume and use-case it really isn't going to matter which option you pick; though I'd
suggestproviding views related to each major category with only the appropriate values and no access to the hstore
column.

> David J.

I will try with hstore and EAV both and see what seems more natural for me, i
have to take account how easy/clean it is to work with both from the Qt
application, i think eav would be much better to edit in a table.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Regards,
Miguel Angel.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: advice on how to store variable attributes
От: Ferruccio Zamuner
Сообщение: To having or not to having?