Re: Large files for relations

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Large files for relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28.05.23 02:48, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Another potential option name would be --segsize, if we think we're
> going to use this for temp files too eventually.
>
> Maybe it's not so beautiful to have that global variable
> rel_segment_size (which replaces REL_SEGSIZE everywhere).  Another
> idea would be to make it static in md.c and call smgrsetsegmentsize(),
> or something like that.

I think one way to look at this is that the segment size is a
configuration property of the md.c smgr.  I have been thinking a bit
about how smgr-level configuration could look.  You can't use a catalog
table, but we also can't have smgr plugins get space in pg_control.

Anyway, I'm not asking you to design this now.  A global variable via
pg_control seems fine for now.  But it wouldn't be an smgr API call, I
think.

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
От: "Mayer, Nicholas J"
Сообщение: Question - Does PostgreSQL have an Evaluation Assurance Level?