Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On 02/05/2023 04:42 CEST richard coleman <rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm glad that I was able to bring you a modicum of joy.

I find this entire thread entertaining.

> Backups have to be on a manual basis for the time being when I can schedule
> enough time away from the users to complete it. Manged a 2.2T database this
> afternoon, it only took about 10 hours with pg_dump in the database format
> running 7 jobs.

Differential/incremental backups with Barman or pgBackRest can cut down on this
time.

> Amazingly, my WAL folder has yet to fill up, I guess I must be doing it wrong.

Of course there's not much WAL activity if you schedule your backup for a time
window with low client activity.

--
Erik

От: richard coleman
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
От: Ian Lawrence Barwick
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion