Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/5/2013 10:29 AM, Steve Crawford wrote:
> The to_date and to_timestamp functions do minimal input error-checking
> and are intended for conversion of non-standard formats that cannot be
> handled by casting. These functions will attempt to convert illegal
> dates to the best of their ability, e.g. to_date('33-OCT-2013',
> 'dd-mon-yyyy') will return 2013-11-02. Users of these functions are
> advised to perform whatever external error-checking they deem prudent.

I think this should also point out that this behavior is different than
cast, which is much stricter.

the fact that these two methods are polar opposites in this behavior is
troublesome.

От: Massimo Ortensi
Сообщение: Where can I find the 9.3 beta1 rpm now ?
От: Greg Burek
Сообщение: Is it advisable to pg_upgrade directly from 9.0 to 9.3?