XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install

От Craig Ringer
Тема XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install
Дата
Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install  ("Inoue, Hiroshi" <inoue@tpf.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi folks

A customer has pointed out as part of debugging an ODBC and MSDTC
related test case that the registry entries registering pgxalib.dll as a
valid XA transaction provider are not installed by the 64-bit MSI.

They're correctly created by the 32-bit installer MSI, at least on
64-bit Windows, where they appear in syswow64.

The missing entry is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDTC\XADLL]
"pgxalib.dll"="C:\Program Files\psqlODBC\0901\bin\pgxalib.dll"

but

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\MSDTC\XADLL]
"pgxalib.dll"="C:\Program Files (x86)\psqlODBC\0901\bin\pgxalib.dll"

is correctly created.

When I uninstalled 901 and reinstalled 903-300, neither entry was
removed or updated, so XA configuration was broken on both 32- and 64-bit.

This results in errors like:

    MSDTC XARMCreate Error

when using MSDTC apps.

I'm working on rebuilding the driver in its debug configuration to chase
some XA issues at the moment. When I've got that sorted out I'll see if
I can build an installer patch.

От: Jade Koskela
Сообщение: Problem in SQLFreeHandle (Statement)
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install