Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
(2014/06/12 12:52), Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> A customer has pointed out as part of debugging an ODBC and MSDTC
> related test case that the registry entries registering pgxalib.dll as a
> valid XA transaction provider are not installed by the 64-bit MSI.
>
> They're correctly created by the 32-bit installer MSI, at least on
> 64-bit Windows, where they appear in syswow64.

The installer MSIs don't create the registry entries currently.
pgenlist(a).dll associated with the drivers try to create the
entries when (maybe first) IDtcToXaHelperSinglePipe::XARMCreate()
call fails. Invoking 64bit MSDTC related applications would resolve
the problem if possible.

Because msdtc process seems a 64bit application, 64bit pgxalib.dll
should be registered even when 32bit applications use MSDTC support.
The current way of registration isn't appropriate and 64bit installer
would have to register the entry beforehand.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Build failure with VS 2012 due to uninitialized pointers