Re: Streaming Replication - changing IP addresses

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Streaming Replication - changing IP addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/9/2014 9:07 AM, Dara Unglaube wrote:
> Is this neccessary? What is the benefit of having the archive on?
> Could I map a network drive from the slave to the master and set the
> archive_command to that mapped drive? Or what would be the best
> approach for this?

having a wal archive lets the slave resume after a service interruption
faster, and also farther back than your wal_keep_Segments setting would
otherwise allow.

having a wal archive, along with occasional base backups will let you do
'point in time recovery' (PITR) right up to a specified transaction, as
long as you have a base backup from prior to that transaction and all
wal archives since that base backup.

От: Robert DiFalco
Сообщение: Re: Help Optimizing a Summary Query
От: Arthur Silva
Сообщение: Re: Help Optimizing a Summary Query