Re: Streaming Replication - changing IP addresses

От Dara Unglaube
Тема Re: Streaming Replication - changing IP addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank so very for the info, John! This will help a lot to have it set up locally.

I have it set up across the local network and double checked with pg_stat_replication and it was using the local IP. But now I am not sure about the "archive_command" command on the master. We had it set up to archive onto the slave through the archive_command using SSH & rsync because we were going through the public IP. Below is the command line.

archive_command = 'rsync  -az  -e  "\"/cygdrive/c/cygwin64/bin/ssh.exe\""  "/cygdrive/d/PostgreSQL/9.1/data/%p" "postgres@0.0.0.0:/cygdrive/d/PostgreSQL/9.1/data/wals/%f" '

Is this neccessary? What is the benefit of having the archive on? Could I map a network drive from the slave to the master and set the archive_command to that mapped drive? Or what would be the best approach for this?

Thanks so very much!
Dara

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:11 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 12/8/2014 11:56 AM, Dara Unglaube wrote:
We have streaming replication set up on two servers that are on our local network using their external/public IP addresses. We are switching internet providers and need to change the external/public IP addresses of both servers. I'm not sure how to go about this correctly.
  1. Our local network IP addresses will not be changing, is there any reason we could/should not use our local network IP addresses in the streaming replication process?
  2. What is the best route to make these changes? Is it as simple as turning postgres off on both servers, changing the IP settings (master - postgres.conf and hba.conf and slave - recovery.conf files to the local network IPs) and starting the service up again? Can anyone point me to an example?

Any tips, suggestions, help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time!

if these two servers are both local, there's absolutely no reason to use public IP space for this, they should be using their local addresses, faster, lower latency, otherwise each round trip packet is going through 4 layers of NAT (out, in, then out, in again to return).

make sure the master allows the slave replication account to connect via its local IP (this would be in pg_hba.conf, and  a 'reload'), then change the address the slave is using to connect to the master, and restart the slave, and it all should be good.

Dara J. Olson Unglaube
Aquatic Invasive Species Coordinator
Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission
P.O. Box 9, 72682 Maple Street
Odanah, WI 54861
(715) 682-6619 ext.2129

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore -n sch1 : schema "sch1" does not exist
От: Robert DiFalco
Сообщение: Re: Help Optimizing a Summary Query