Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/17/2014 11:38 AM, harpagornis wrote:
> Some more questions if you please.  I am in Houston, and we don't have a
> postgres users group.  If anyone knows of some postgres groups that have
> webcasts of their meetings, let me know.  Thanks.
>
> I am trying to figure out how to manage the SSL client certificates in a
> Windows 7 environment, both in development mode and alternatively, a working
> / production environment.  Lets say I have several application databases,
> and each database has one or more user ids for logging in, then I will need
> to create a separate client certificate for each user id that is being used
> to login.  Correct?

Yes.

> Since the client certificate is always named postgresql.crt, then I will
> need to place these variations of the postgresql.crt file in separate
> folders.  Correct?

Well the client certificate is for a user, so it needs to be in the
users home directory.

> The location that postgres looks for the server and client and root
> certificates is the location specified in the environmental variable,
> Search_Path.  Correct?

As far as I know there is no such env variable. In any case search_path
if for schema discovery in a database. For a list of the env variables see:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/libpq-envars.html

> So in a development environment, I will need to manually edit the PG_DATA
> and Search_Path environmental variables and restart the postgres service
> whenever I want to test connecting with a different postgresql.crt?

Well there is no search_path env variable to set and PG_DATA is PGDATA.
PGDATA is for the cluster data directory and postgresql.crt is the
client certificate. Not sure why you would edit PGDATA or restart Postgres?

> And, in a working / production environment, I will need to programmatically
> set the PG_DATA and Search_path environmental variables and restart
> postgres?    Are there other methods/ practices commonly used for these
> operations?  Thank you in advance.

See above.

> --

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Patrick Krecker
Сообщение: Re: Re: Strange error message when reference non-existent column foo."count"
От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3