Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/18/2015 01:51 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 01:38:47PM -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> Alright, I was following you up to this. Seems to me deleted data would
>> represent stale/old data and would be less valuable.
>
> If the data that was deleted is sensitive, then the fact that you
> deleted it but that it didn't actually go away means you can be lulled
> into complacency about your vulnerability with respect to that data in
> a way that you're unlikely to be in respect of data you still have
> (only with new values).  Lots of people forget about deleted data once
> it's deleted.

Yet another avenue I failed to see. Interesting discussion.

> Keep in mind that sometimes people delete data from a system because
> it's been archived somewhere else or something like that -- not all
> databases have the totality of all the relevant data in them, but can
> often represent just "current" data.
>
> Best regards,

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.
От: Jonathan Vanasco
Сообщение: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)