controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)

От Jonathan Vanasco
Тема controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)
Дата
Re: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
Re: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
As a temporary fix I need to write some uploaded image files to PostgreSQL until a task server can read/process/delete
them.

The problem I've run into (via server load tests that model our production environment), is that these read/writes end
uppushing the indexes used by other queries out of memory -- causing them to be re-read from disk.   These files can be
anywherefrom 200k to 5MB.

has anyone dealt with situations like this before and has any suggestions?  I could use a dedicated db connection if
thatwould introduce any options.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.
От: Roxanne Reid-Bennett
Сообщение: Re: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)