Re: WIP: CoC V5

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: WIP: CoC V5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/12/2016 07:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> writes:
>> I'm not the greatest word-smith, but I'll attempt to rework Josh's
>> draft to something that seems more "natural" to me.
>
> Minor (or not?) comment:
>
>> * To maintain a safe, respectful, productive and collaborative
>> environment all participants must ensure that their language and
>> actions are free of personal attacks and disparaging remarks of any
>> kind.
>
> The "disparaging remarks" part of this could easily be taken to forbid
> technical criticism of any sort, eg "this patch is bad because X,Y, and
> Z", even when X,Y, and Z are perfectly neutral technical points.  "Of any
> kind" doesn't improve that either.  I'm on board with the "personal
> attacks" part.  Maybe "disparaging personal remarks" would be better?

Hrm, I see your point but the definition of disparaging is:

expressing the opinion that something is of little worth; derogatory.

I guess if we got into a VI vs Emacs argument the CoC could apply but
wouldn't that also be a good thing?

JD

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Unable to build python extension with PGXS
От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?