Re: A motion

От Roxanne Reid-Bennett
Тема Re: A motion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/25/2016 12:55 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Regina Obe wrote:
>> At this point I feel we should:

> While I personally feel that a code of conduct does not need to be an explicit
> document and is something that "happens" through the way people on the lists
> behave and the way the core team and list maintainers handle problems,
> pgsql-general is where the community meets, and that is where such a discussion
> should take place.

To a degree you have a very valid point - however wading through a
discussion over nuanced verbiage isn't of value to me (and at least a
few others).    This discussion will not garner a visible opinion from
the vast majority of those who read this list, and most likely, the vast
majority of those on this list don't really care about the discussion at
all other than not wanting the Postgres *community* to self-destruct,
starve, or be torn apart by wolves.

 From direct personal experience, separating "how to run a group" from
"the topic" of the group improves at least the "topic" portion and those
who actually want to participate will follow wherever the "how" moves to.

I do appreciate this community, and "everyone's" declared desire to
maintain it's quality  a great deal - so I've piped up to add weight to
the request for a respite from the details... I'll deal with the
noise... by skipping it.  Adrian - a contributor.. apparently by leaving
(at least temporarily).

Roxanne
(Returning to stealth mode...)

От: Brian Dunavant
Сообщение: Re: CoC [Final v2]
От: "Igal @ Lucee.org"
Сообщение: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit