Re: Publish autovacuum informations

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Publish autovacuum informations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/03/2016 23:34, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Julien Rouhaud
> <julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:
>> Very good suggestion.
>>
>> I think the most productive way to work on this is to start a wiki page
>> to summarize what's the available information, what we should store and
>> how to represent it.
>>
>> I'll update this thread as soon as I'll have a first draft finished.
>
> New design discussions are a little bit late for 9.6 I am afraid :(
> Perhaps we should consider this patch as returned with feedback for
> the time being? The hook approach is not something I'd wish for if we
> can improve in-core facility that would help user to decide better how
> to tune autovacuum parameters.

Yes, it's clearly not suited for the final commitfest. I just closed the
patch as "returned with feedback".

I'll work on the feedbacks I already had to document a wiki page, and
wait for this commitfest to be more or less finished before starting a
new thread on autovacuum instrumentation design.

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Publish autovacuum informations