Re: Publish autovacuum informations

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Publish autovacuum informations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Julien Rouhaud
<julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:
> Very good suggestion.
>
> I think the most productive way to work on this is to start a wiki page
> to summarize what's the available information, what we should store and
> how to represent it.
>
> I'll update this thread as soon as I'll have a first draft finished.

New design discussions are a little bit late for 9.6 I am afraid :(
Perhaps we should consider this patch as returned with feedback for
the time being? The hook approach is not something I'd wish for if we
can improve in-core facility that would help user to decide better how
to tune autovacuum parameters. The VACUUM progress facility covers a
different need by helping to track how long a scan is still going to
take. What we want here is something that would run on top of that.
Logs at least may be helpful for things like pgbadger.
--
Michael

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions