Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20/03/16 05:02, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
>> Still to do: the non-perl pieces.
>
> The patch to address locales is the sensitive part. The patch from
> Petr is taking the correct approach though I think that we had better
> simplify it a bit and if possible we had better not rely on the else
> block it introduces.

That would be ideal, not particularly sure that both are possible at the
same time. We can definitely remove the else block but it involves
enumerating system locales which makes the patch orders of magnitude
bigger and uglier. Do you have any better approaches in you mind?

As a side note, I have to say the current locale API in Windows is one
huge mess and if it was on me I'd just redefine the locale_t struct
correctly as that is simplest solution and the APIs involved are not
deprecated or anything, it's just that the public headers are botched in
current version and apparently nobody important is using them to force
MS to fix them.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services

От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: Sequence Access Method WIP
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794