Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>

>> On March 21, 2016 5:12:38 AM GMT+01:00, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The article pointed by you justifies that the way ResetEvent is done by
>> >patch is correct.  I am not sure, but you can weigh, if there is a need
>> >of
>> >comment so that if we want enhance this part of code (or want to write
>> >something similar) in future, we don't need to rediscover this fact.
>>
>> I've added a reference in a comment.
>>
>> Did you have a chance of running the patched versions on windows?
>>

> I am planning to do it in next few hours.

With 0002-Introduce-new-WaitEventSet-API, initdb is successful, but server start leads to below problem:

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2016-03-21 11:17:13 IST
LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
FATAL:  failed to set up event for socket: error code 10022
LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 668) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  autovacuum launcher process (PID 3868) was terminated by exception 0xC0000005
HINT:  See C include file "ntstatus.h" for a description of the hexadecimal value.

I haven't investigated the problem still.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Using quicksort for every external sort run