clarifying trigger/rule behavior on logical replication subscribers

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема clarifying trigger/rule behavior on logical replication subscribers
Дата
Re: clarifying trigger/rule behavior on logical replication subscribers  (Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
Hi,

While answering a question on "do triggers fire on a logical replication
subscriber by default?" I tried to look up a reference to this behavior
in the docs. There wasn't a clear reference point, but on the
architecture page[1], I found this line that was closest to the answer:

"The apply process on the subscriber database always runs with
session_replication_role set to replica, which produces the usual
effects on triggers and constraints."

which assumes that the reader knows what the "usual effects" are.

Attached is a patch that disambiguates this.

Two additional items:

1. I do think this should be backpatched because it clarifies an
existing behavior.

2. I don't know if we want to add a note about the trigger/rule behavior
elsewhere in the logical replication section. I don't know if a reader
would be expecting to find this in the "architecture" section.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/logical-replication-architecture.html

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: confusing positioning of notes in connection settings
От: "yanliang lei"
Сообщение: bpchar datatype is not equal to character(1) data type