Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ray Ontko <rayo@ontko.com> writes:
>> It appears that "vacuum analyze verbose actor" causes the problem.
>> It appears that I have to say "vacuum analyze actor" in order to
>> clear out the ill effects of having said "vacuum analyze verbose actor".

I really, really doubt that "verbose" has anything to do with it.

What do you get from
    select * from pg_stats where tablename = 'actor' and
        attname = 'actor_full_name';

Do the results change significantly between the "good" state and the
"bad" state?  How about the results of
    select relpages, reltuples from pg_class where relname = 'actor';

It would seem that one or another of these statistical items is getting
set weirdly by something you are doing, but I have no idea what exactly
is going wrong...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?
От: Ray Ontko
Сообщение: Re: Are statistics gathered on function indexes?