AW: BUG #17943: Undefined symbol LLVMBuildGEP in llvmjit.so during pg_restore

От Hans Buschmann
Тема AW: BUG #17943: Undefined symbol LLVMBuildGEP in llvmjit.so during pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your information about LLVM16 support.

I noticed the discussion in hackers.

I wanted to point out that I used the standard repositories from PGDG15.

As to my knowledge they are packaged by Devrim, so this is the standard distribution for RedHat-style Linux on PGDG.

(This is shown by the dnf list lines in my OM)

I am not trying to use LLVM on my platform (tiny data, optimized SQL etc.) but I wanted to notice everybody that there are unreferenced symbols in llvmjit.so, something that should not happen.

I have no idea where this come from nor where it is used, but the unreferenced symbols should be at least masked with dummy rountines (or avoided) to prevent the error for other users where the problem matters much more!

Unfortunately this occurs on pg_restore, the ultimate backup/restore of a database, and data are not restored correctly and must be corrected manually afterwords.

Perhaps you could contact Devrim for clarification...

Hans Buschmann

От: Hans Buschmann
Сообщение: AW: BUG #17943: Undefined symbol LLVMBuildGEP in llvmjit.so during pg_restore
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17942: vacuumdb doesn't populate extended statistics on partitioned tables