Re: "Out of memory" errors..

От Lim Berger
Тема Re: "Out of memory" errors..
Дата
Re: "Out of memory" errors..  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On 8/14/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Lim Berger escribió:
>
> > Thanks. I did "su postgres" and ran the ulimit command again. All
> > values are the same, except for "open files" which is double in the
> > case of this user (instead of 4096, it is 8192). Not sure what I can
> > gather from that?
>
> Try "su - postgres" instead (which will run the user start scripts and
> may modify the ulimits for that user), but note that the ulimit can also
> be changed in the script that starts the Postgres process on system
> boot.

Wow, you are right! The "su - postgres" showed up with wildly
different values! Most notably, the "max user processes" is only 20!!
Whereas in the regular user stuff it was above 14000. Would you know
how to change this in a CentOS Linux machine? Where can I find the
startup settings for postgresql? Full values below:

~ > su - postgres
-bash-3.00$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 200000
data seg size           (kbytes, -d) 200000
pending signals                 (-i) 1024
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
max memory size         (kbytes, -m) 200000
open files                      (-n) 100
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 20
virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) 200000
-bash-3.00$

От: novnov
Сообщение: Re: Reordering columns, will this ever be simple?
От: "Lim Berger"
Сообщение: Re: "Out of memory" errors..