Re: pgsql: Update pg_upgrade test for reg* to include regrole andregnamesp

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Update pg_upgrade test for reg* to include regrole andregnamesp
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 11/27/18 1:32 AM, Andres Freund wrote:

> The cross-version bug around pg_largeobject_metadata ought to be fixed
> now. I'm hoping for a response by Andrew about the ordering bit, you're
> welcome to opine on that too.
>
> I see that prairiedog
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prairiedog&dt=2018-11-27%2005%3A30%3A39
> failed just it's last run, but I'm not clear whether that's just a
> random failure, or something I can't don't recognize without further
> information.

The report is that the dumps differ. My bet is that this is another
instance of the LO ordering issue. I can handle that in the
cross-version tests because they are completely under my control (see
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/commit/9ca42ac1783a8cf99c73b4f7c52bd05a6024669d>)
, but not in the builtin test, which has this:

    if diff "$temp_root"/dump1.sql "$temp_root"/dump2.sql >/dev/null; then
         echo PASSED
         exit 0
    else
         echo "Files $temp_root/dump1.sql and $temp_root/dump2.sql differ"
         echo "dumps were not identical"
         exit 1
    fi

So that's all we know. Maybe we should change the script to output the
diff, or at least some of it, say the first 1000 lines.

In any case, I think we will probably need to bite the bullet and have
pg_dump render LOs in OID order. Not sure if that needs to be always on,
or an option.

cheers

andrew

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pgsql: Update ssl test certificates and keys
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Update pg_upgrade test for reg* to include regrole and regnamesp