Re: Proposed Feature

От Joris Dobbelsteen
Тема Re: Proposed Feature
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I fully agree with the not part of the default installation. And make it
easy to turn the thing off.

In that respect it sound like a good feature for developer systems (not
servers per se). Just ensure for a small memory footprint, preferably
within a few 100 KB of memory. If you are going over 1 MB you are
seriously doing something wrong. (Obviously that might be acceptable
when I'm actively using it, but otherwise it should keep memory usage as
low as resonably possible).

Secondly it might be a good feature to let the user choose at
installation time to install postgres as a service and either start it
on boot (server) or have the user control when it should start
(developer system). In the latter case, such a tray icon might be a very
good feature (since it keeps my 1.5 GB of memory less occupied than
full, though postgresql is already quite a friendly program in this
respect).

- Joris

От: jef peeraer
Сообщение: Re: permission denied for schema
От: cluster
Сообщение: Re: B-tree fan-out