Re: Initdb-time block size specification

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Initdb-time block size specification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01.07.23 00:21, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Right, that's the dance we do to protect against torn pages. But Andres
> suggested that if you have modern storage and configure it correctly,
> writing with 4kB pages would be atomic. So we wouldn't need to do this
> FPI stuff, eliminating pretty significant source of write amplification.

This work in progress for the Linux kernel was also mentioned at PGCon:
<https://lwn.net/Articles/933015/>.  Subject the various conditions, the
kernel would then guarantee atomic writes for blocks larger than the
hardware's native size.

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: Why is DATESTYLE, ordering ignored for output but used for input ?
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Creation of an empty table is not fsync'd at checkpoint