Wrong security context for deferred triggers?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Wrong security context for deferred triggers?
Дата
Re: Wrong security context for deferred triggers?  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Create a table and a deferrable constraint trigger:

 CREATE TABLE tab (i integer);

 CREATE FUNCTION trig() RETURNS trigger
    LANGUAGE plpgsql AS
 $$BEGIN
    RAISE NOTICE 'current_user = %', current_user;
    RETURN NEW;
 END;$$;

 CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER trig AFTER INSERT ON tab
    DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE
    FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE FUNCTION trig();

Create a role and allow it INSERT on the table:

 CREATE ROLE duff;

 GRANT INSERT ON tab TO duff;

Now become that role and try some inserts:

 SET ROLE duff;

 BEGIN;

 INSERT INTO tab VALUES (1);
 NOTICE:  current_user = duff

That looks ok; the current user is "duff".

 SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;

 INSERT INTO tab VALUES (2);

Become a superuser again and commit:

 RESET ROLE;

 COMMIT;
 NOTICE:  current_user = postgres

So a deferred constraint trigger does not run with the same security context
as an immediate trigger.  This is somewhat nasty in combination with
SECURITY DEFINER functions: if that function performs an operation, and that
operation triggers a deferred trigger, that trigger will run in the wrong
security context.

This behavior looks buggy to me.  What do you think?
I cannot imagine that it is a security problem, though.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing "boundary cases" during backward scan B-Tree index descents
От: Jeevan Chalke
Сообщение: Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods