Re: expected authentication request from server, but received H

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: expected authentication request from server, but received H
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/27/24 14:19, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2024-05-23 17:23:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> writes:
>>> One of our users reports getting the error message
>>> "expected authentication request from server, but received H"
>>> when trying to connect to the database.
>>
>> That's very bizarre, and I don't recall any similar reports in the
>> recent past.
>>
>>> Server is PostgreSQL 15.7 (Ubuntu 15.7-1.pgdg22.04+1)
>>> I haven't been able to find out what client version they are using yet,
>>> but I suspect it's quite old.
>>
>> It would definitely be interesting to find out what the client-side
>> code is, including the openssl version being used.
>
> They have psqlODBC 9.3 and 13.2 on a 64-bit Windows platform (probably
> Windows 10). The problem occurs with both. I tried to replicate it with
> psqlODBC 13.0 and couldn't.

Just to be clear that is 9.03 and 13.02.

> OpenSSL is bundled with psqlODBC, AFAICS. For 13.0 that would be 1.1.1.8
> (hmm, that doesn't look like an OpenSSL version. Would that be 1.1.1h in
> Linux terms?). But the fact that it happens with two very different
> versions but I can't replicate it with one in between (and quite close

The only thing I could find that relates to SSL directly in the move
from 13.00 --> 13.02 is:

https://github.com/postgresql-interfaces/psqlodbc/commit/4eaa430e3ef06162a5655dc7baff9be40f2e1cce

Which happened at 13.01.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: expected authentication request from server, but received H
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: prevent users from SELECT-ing from pg_roles/pg_database