Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On February 26, 2015 10:29:18 PM CET, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>On 2/25/15 5:15 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> Having a warn_if_screwed parameter that we disable by default won't
>> help much because if you are affected you can't change that
>situation.
>> There are too many applications to test all of them and not all
>> applications can be edited, even if they were tested.
>
>My suggestion was to treat this like the standard_conforming_string
>change.  That is, warn for many years before changing.

I don't think scs is a good example to follow. For one it didn't work well. For another the impact of scs was imo
biggerand had security implications. Also people didn't really switch because of it until the default changed. At the
veryleast there should be an option to error out, not warn.

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Precedence of standard comparison operators
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: logical column ordering