Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12/26/23 5:40 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2023 at 10:49:16PM +0100, Vik Fearing wrote:

>>> Call it an "extensible relational database"?  I agree that the
>>> "object" part is out of date and no longer much of a focal point.
>>
>> Especially considering we hardly implement any of the object features at
>> all.  We have table inheritance, and that's about it.
>
> "extensible relational database" works for me.

Reading [1], I can align with dropping "object-" from the text.

Currently -1 on swapping it with "extensible", given most folks describe
PostgreSQL as a relational database.

That said, I do personally describe one of PostgreSQL's best attributes
to be its "extensibility," so I could warm up to incorporating it into
"official verbiage" in the coming days.

Jonathan

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object%E2%80%93relational_database

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page