Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12/27/23 13:53, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 12/26/23 5:40 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Especially considering we hardly implement any of the object features at
>>> all.  We have table inheritance, and that's about it.
>>
>> "extensible relational database" works for me.
>
> Reading [1], I can align with dropping "object-" from the text.
>
> Currently -1 on swapping it with "extensible", given most folks describe
> PostgreSQL as a relational database.
>
> That said, I do personally describe one of PostgreSQL's best attributes
> to be its "extensibility," so I could warm up to incorporating it into
> "official verbiage" in the coming days.

Reading this I got a vision of a cat in a box:) At some point the state
has to resolve. Are you indicating that "extensible relational database"
is acceptable to you?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
От: Benjamin Scherrey
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page