FW: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

От Michael J Davis
Тема FW: [SQL] OUTER JOINS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
*= and =* are Oracle syntax for outer joins.
-----Original Message-----From:    Dan Janowski [SMTP:danj@3skel.com]
<mailto:[SMTP:danj@3skel.com]> Sent:    Monday, April 19, 1999 7:27 AMTo:    J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au
<mailto:J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au> Cc:    pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org <mailto:pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org> Subject:    Re:
[SQL]OUTER JOINS

Thanks for giving it a stab. Looking at the availableoperators,there is no =* or *= ops available. Although I am
curiouswhereitcomes from.

Dan

Joe Shevland wrote:> ... > select t1.value from table_one t1, table_two t2 where t1.key =
t2.key;> > So this would be a straight LEFT join in my understanding. Now,
I'm> venturing beyond my experience with PostgreSQL here, but you may
be able> to use the associated SQL syntaxes:> > select ... where t1.key *= t2.key> select ... where t1.key =* t2.key>
...>>Dan Janowski wrote:> >> > I've looked through the docs and mail lists but I am coming> > up short on references
forLEFT/RIGHT/FULL OUTER JOIN> > avalability> > or functional workarounds. It seems that PostgreSQL does> > not have
it.>>> > Any recommendations on how to aproximate the functionality?> >> > As a curiosity, is there a problem with
supportingthese> > OUTER joins or is it merely on the list?> >

--Dan Janowski     danj@3skel.com <mailto:danj@3skel.com>
Triskelion Systems,Inc.     Bronx, NY