RE:[SQL] OUTER JOINS

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE:[SQL] OUTER JOINS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
As far as I have been able to determine, outer joins are not supported in
PostgreSQL.
-----Original Message-----From:    Joe Shevland [SMTP:J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au]
<mailto:[SMTP:J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au]> Sent:    Monday, April 19, 1999 12:27 AMTo:    Dan JanowskiCc:
pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org<mailto:pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org> Subject:    Re: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

I didn't see a response for this, so here goes... I believe you canimplement joins using the followng syntax:
select t1.value from table_one t1, table_two t2 where t1.key =
t2.key;
So this would be a straight LEFT join in my understanding. Now, I'mventuring beyond my experience with PostgreSQL here,
butyou may be

ableto use the associated SQL syntaxes:
select ... where t1.key *= t2.keyselect ... where t1.key =* t2.key
etc...
I hope I'm right here :)
Regards,Joe.
Dan Janowski wrote:> > I've looked through the docs and mail lists but I am coming> up short on references for
LEFT/RIGHT/FULLOUTER JOIN> avalability> or functional workarounds. It seems that PostgreSQL does> not have it.> > Any
recommendationson how to aproximate the functionality?> > As a curiosity, is there a problem with supporting these>
OUTERjoins or is it merely on the list?> > Many thanks,> > Dan> > --> Dan Janowski     danj@3skel.com
<mailto:danj@3skel.com>
Triskelion Systems,> Inc.     Bronx, NY
TurnaroundSolutions Pty. Ltd.      v  | http://www.TurnAround.com.au