RE: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE: [SQL] OUTER JOINS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
*= and =* are Oracle syntax for outer joins.
    -----Original Message-----    From:    Dan Janowski [SMTP:danj@3skel.com]    Sent:    Monday, April 19, 1999 7:27
AM   To:    J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au    Cc:    pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org    Subject:    Re: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

    Thanks for giving it a stab. Looking at the available    operators,    there is no =* or *= ops available. Although
Iam curious    where it    comes from.

    Dan

    Joe Shevland wrote:    > ...     > select t1.value from table_one t1, table_two t2 where
t1.key = t2.key;    >     > So this would be a straight LEFT join in my understanding.
Now, I'm    > venturing beyond my experience with PostgreSQL here, but
you may be able    > to use the associated SQL syntaxes:    >     > select ... where t1.key *= t2.key    > select ...
wheret1.key =* t2.key    > ...    >    > Dan Janowski wrote:    > >    > > I've looked through the docs and mail lists
butI am

coming    > > up short on references for LEFT/RIGHT/FULL OUTER JOIN    > > avalability    > > or functional
workarounds.It seems that PostgreSQL does    > > not have it.    > >    > > Any recommendations on how to aproximate
the
functionality?    > >    > > As a curiosity, is there a problem with supporting these    > > OUTER joins or is it
merelyon the list?    > >

    --    Dan Janowski     danj@3skel.com       Triskelion Systems,    Inc.     Bronx, NY