RE: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE: [SQL] OUTER JOINS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
As far as I have been able to determine, outer joins are not
supported in PostgreSQL.
    -----Original Message-----    From:    Joe Shevland [SMTP:J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au]    Sent:    Monday, April
19,1999 12:27 AM    To:    Dan Janowski    Cc:    pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org    Subject:    Re: [SQL] OUTER JOINS

    I didn't see a response for this, so here goes... I believe
you can    implement joins using the followng syntax:
    select t1.value from table_one t1, table_two t2 where t1.key
= t2.key;
    So this would be a straight LEFT join in my understanding.
Now, I'm    venturing beyond my experience with PostgreSQL here, but you
may be able    to use the associated SQL syntaxes:
    select ... where t1.key *= t2.key    select ... where t1.key =* t2.key
    etc...
    I hope I'm right here :)
    Regards,    Joe.
    Dan Janowski wrote:    >     > I've looked through the docs and mail lists but I am
coming    > up short on references for LEFT/RIGHT/FULL OUTER JOIN    > avalability    > or functional workarounds. It
seemsthat PostgreSQL does    > not have it.    >     > Any recommendations on how to aproximate the

functionality?    >     > As a curiosity, is there a problem with supporting these    > OUTER joins or is it merely on
thelist?    >     > Many thanks,    >     > Dan    >     > --    > Dan Janowski     danj@3skel.com       Triskelion
Systems,   > Inc.     Bronx, NY

 \_,--._/ | Turnaround Solutions Pty. Ltd.          v  | http://www.TurnAround.com.au
---------------------------------------------   Skate to where the puck is going and not to    where it has been -