Re: New blog - who dis?

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: New blog - who dis?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 23/11/2023 15:40, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 11:44 PM Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads@pgug.de> wrote:

>>> Yes. Note the date of your last post and keep an eye out on
>>> planet.postgresql.org and make sure that date has "scrolled off the
>>> end". Once it has, and it's >7 days, then you are safe from a planet
>>> perspective.
>> Well, can report that I made sure that the old feed url sends a 301
>> (permanently moved) to the new feed url.
>>
>> However Planet doesn't like this:
>>
>> Feed returned redirect (http 301)
>>
>> And marks the request as "Failure".
>>
>> Looks like the new feed url must be updated (and then the blog goes into
>> review).
> Yeah, this is normal -- planet only autodiscovers redirects to the
> https version of the same one. If you change the contents of the URL,
> it will get sent back for moderation. (For the *RSS* that is - any
> *links* will of course be followed, because that's done by the
> browser)

What does "the same one" mean? I had a 301 to "the same content"
- aka the feed - in place, and planet complained about the 301.

That's when I updated the feed url, which then naturally went into
moderation.

By the way: who does the moderation?
The new URL is still stuck in moderation.

Regards,

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group