Re: thank you

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: thank you
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 18, 2007, at 8:26 PM, Kevin Hunter wrote:

> Hullo List,
>
> This is aimed at everyone in this community who contributes to the
> Postgres project, but especially at the core folks who continually
> make
> this community great through energy, time, money, responses, and
> what-have-you.
>
> I see lots of "Thank you"s go by for this problem or that conundrum
> solved, but I don't think I've seen a general thank you for all
> that all
> y'all do.  (If I've missed them in the blur of emails I get, I do
> apologize.)  Thank you for all that you do.
>
> Thank you for the countless times you've saved my butt from my own
> stupidity.  Thank you for the absolute awesome help you've been while
> tracking down bugs.  Thank you for signing the NDA without fuss and
> searching my DB for a bug that I may have caused.  Thank you for
> answering my frustrated emails at some ungodly hour of the morning (do
> you sleep?!).  Thank you for engaging others in discussion, sometimes
> beyond the point of annoyance ... your enthusiasm and love for the
> project is duly noted. Thank you for constantly preaching "the right
> way".  Thank you . . . well you get the drift.  I'll stop before this
> turns into some chain-letter type ordeal.
>
> The point is that I hope you realize just how much you all mean to the
> community.

I'll second and third and ... everything he just said!  Over the past
couple of years I've come to realize that PostgreSQL's greatest
strength is that it is more than software, or even open source
software -- the software is really just the gold nugget at the center
of a vibrant community of individuals help, explain things, explain
things again, explain things again :), crack jokes, get to know each
other and so much more.  To the core team:  thanks for continuing to
make this possible, to everyone:  thanks for making it all happen!

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888