RE: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor

От Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui)
Тема RE: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Categorization:
Unclassified

Thank you all! :) I changed the setting back to 0 and we're not getting the error anymore. I have another error from
pg11I'll submit a new bug for.

Maxime

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>
Sent: October 21, 2023 5:29 PM
To: Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui) <Maxime.Boyer@cra-arc.gc.ca>
Cc: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com>; Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>; Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>;
pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 4:38 AM Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui) <Maxime.Boyer@cra-arc.gc.ca> wrote:
> You guys are good! I did set min_dynamic_shared_memory to 2 GB in the new config, which didn't exist on 11. I can set
itto 0 and give it a try on Tuesday. Does 2 GB seem overkill? We have plenty of memory to go by.

Apparently it has never worked on Windows and you're the first to notice and report that, so we can't expect anyone to
haveplatform-specific experience with that.  But on other OSes we've seen it improve performance of large parallel
joinsand parallel vacuum, especially when 'huge pages' are configured.  (Note that we had reports that our huge page
supportfor windows stopped working on recent Windows versions, addressed in PostgreSQL 16 by commit fdd8937c, so YMMV
onPostgreSQL 14.)

Thanks for the report, and to Alexander for testing.  I've pushed the fix now, so it will ship in the next point
releasein a few weeks.  In the meantime, the workaround is to set it to 0.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: AW: AW: BUG #18147: ERROR: invalid perminfoindex 0 in RTE with relid xxxxx
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18168: Parallel worker failed to initialize: could not create inherited socket: error code 10106