Re: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor
Дата
Ответ на RE: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor  ("Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui)" <Maxime.Boyer@cra-arc.gc.ca>)
Ответы RE: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor  ("Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui)" <Maxime.Boyer@cra-arc.gc.ca>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 4:38 AM Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui)
<Maxime.Boyer@cra-arc.gc.ca> wrote:
> You guys are good! I did set min_dynamic_shared_memory to 2 GB in the new config, which didn't exist on 11. I can set
itto 0 and give it a try on Tuesday. Does 2 GB seem overkill? We have plenty of memory to go by.

Apparently it has never worked on Windows and you're the first to
notice and report that, so we can't expect anyone to have
platform-specific experience with that.  But on other OSes we've seen
it improve performance of large parallel joins and parallel vacuum,
especially when 'huge pages' are configured.  (Note that we had
reports that our huge page support for windows stopped working on
recent Windows versions, addressed in PostgreSQL 16 by commit
fdd8937c, so YMMV on PostgreSQL 14.)

Thanks for the report, and to Alexander for testing.  I've pushed the
fix now, so it will ship in the next point release in a few weeks.  In
the meantime, the workaround is to set it to 0.

От: "Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui)"
Сообщение: RE: BUG #18165: Could not duplicate handle for "Global/PostgreSQL.xxxxxxxxxx": Bad file descriptor
От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17893: Assert failed in heap_update()/_delete() when FK modiified by RI trigger in non-read-committed xact