Re: Question about openSSL

Тема Re: Question about openSSL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, then what do I need to get NpGSQL connecting to my server with SSL?

Do I just turn SSL on in the database and in my connection string set SSL to true?

The other provider is CoreLab .NET for PostGreSQL. It seems pretty good, but don't see the point in
paying for a provider when I can get one for free.

----- Original Message -----
From: Magnus Hagander
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent:  Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:48:30 +0200
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Question about openSSL

> You will need to copy the two dlls
> (ssleay32.dll,libeay32.dll) to the same directory where you
> have your npgsql.net assembly.

If we're talking npgsql (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/npgsql), that
information is incorrect. Npgsql uses a managed implementation of SSL,
so it does *not* use the OpenSSL libraries.

If we're talking some other .net dataprovider (IIRC there is at least
one other out there somewhere, though I haven't used it and can't
remember exactly what it's called), then it may or may not be using
openssl.

//Magnus