Re: Incorrect link tohttps://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/indexes-functional.html ?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Incorrect link tohttps://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/indexes-functional.html ?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 5 May 2023, at 15:42, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> This is actually not an error in the 7.3 docs (which we clearly wouldn't
>> address) but an error in pgweb in the warning for unsupported versions; it
>> assumes it can link to the same page in /current.
>
> Ah, good point.  And it does know that the page doesn't exist in /current,
> because the "same page in other versions" list just above doesn't include
> that.  Maybe we could have the link to "current" point to the docs top
> level instead of the specific page in such cases?  Or simpler, just omit
> the "You may want to view the same page..." sentence altogether.

Since this particular page doesn't exist in any supported version, the text in
the box is actually wrong twice:

    "You may want to view the same page for the current version, or one of the
    other supported versions listed above instead."

Since we know when rendering the page which versions it does exist in we could
set one of three template variables:

    exist_in_current
    exist_in_supported
    exist_in_unsupported

Depending on which is set we can choose the right text for the box.  That being
said, we should probably move this to -www for exposure among those who
actually know the pgweb backend.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect link tohttps://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/indexes-functional.html ?
От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: CREATE TABLE ... PARTITION OF ...