pg_rotate_logfile function does not appear to work

От Campbell, Lance
Тема pg_rotate_logfile function does not appear to work
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

PostgreSql:8.4

Select pg_rotate_logfile() does not rotate the log file.  If I delete my log file through the file system and then execute the query it will create a new log file.  But if there is content in the log file and I run the query it does not seem to do anything.  I would have expected it to clear the log file.

My log files have the days of the week as names.  So they get overlaid each week.  I was looking for a way to trigger the clearing of the current log file.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Software Architect/DBA/Project Manager

Web Services at Public Affairs