Re: SSDs with Postgresql?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: SSDs with Postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Mark Felder <feld@feld.me> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:27:04 -0500, Basil Bourque <basil.list@me.com> wrote:
>
>> So, while I can't specifically recommend their products, I certainly
>> suggest considering them.
>
> Customer of ours is probably lurking on here. We host their servers in our
> datacenter -- we had a UPS go "pop" after an amazing surge and their servers
> all went down (weren't paying for N+1 power). They had several FusionIO
> cards in servers running Postgres and experienced zero corruption. YMMV.

Yeah, we're running fusion-io on some pretty heavily traffic'd
servers, and the performance has been good, and durability there when
needed. It's certainly worth checking out for those investigating
these options.

Robert Treat
conjecture: xzilla.net
consulting: omniti.com

От: fork
Сообщение: Re: Connecting matlab with postgresql
От: Rick Genter
Сообщение: Looking for Silicon Valley/Peninsula/San Francisco users group