Re: Scripting GRANT on functions

От Russell Simpkins
Тема Re: Scripting GRANT on functions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
You could continue with this function, with an additional cursor to get the parameters for the function. If this is a one off thing, that you just need to do once, you could use pg_dump to get the create function statements and then simply alter them with an re in your favorite editor.

You should consider using groups. Then you could just add the new user to the existing group that has execute access.

hope that helps....

Russ
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 1:27 AM
Subject: [SQL] Scripting GRANT on functions

Is there any easy way to script granting privileges to a number of
functions? I've got as far as the following code before realising that
I'll need to pass in the arguments, and the arguments are stored as OIDs
in pg_proc.

Is there any easy way, such as GRANT .... FUNCTION OID 12345?

---CODE---

DECLARE
  curs REFCURSOR;
  funcname VARCHAR;
BEGIN
  OPEN foo FOR
    SELECT proname FROM pg_proc
     WHERE proname LIKE 'tr\\_%'
        OR proname LIKE 'tt\\_%'
        OR proname LIKE 'v\\_%'
        OR proname LIKE 'vui\\_%';

  FETCH curs INTO funcname;

  WHILE FOUND LOOP
    FETCH curs INTO funcname;
    EXECUTE 'GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION ' || funcname || ' TO myuser';
  END LOOP;

  CLOSE curs;
END;

---END CODE---

Best regards,

Ben Stewart

--
Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
Engineering Quality Services, Software Engineer (RBAU/EQS4)

               http://archives.postgresql.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Noob question about types and lists
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Scripting GRANT on functions