Re: [pgsql-www] RC1 Release Announcement Page Content Oddity

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] RC1 Release Announcement Page Content Oddity
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi David,

On Sep 21, 2017, at 2:41 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

"It contains fixes for all known issues found during testing, so users should test and report any issues that they find."

This sounds kinda odd on its own but isn't bad.  But later on we say:

"Note that some known issues remain unfixed. Before reporting a bug in the release candidate, please check the Open Items page."

Given the odd wording, and the direct later contradiction, I'd say we should consider just removing the first sentence.  Or at least just making it a direct request for more testing, and maybe confirmation testing previously reported issues.

Thank you for your feedback.  The announcement was a mash up of templates from previous RC announcements which caused the confusion.  I have modified the language so it should be more clear.

Jonathan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] wiki editor privs
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] RC1 Release Announcement Page Content Oddity